As technology advances, there are increasing numbers of technology startups founded to enhance your health. Recent studies have alerted full-time employees of the hazards of sitting all day, eating processed foods, and not getting enough sleep. With all the health issues to keep tabs on, why not let technology help you out? Listed below are 10 tech-infused healthy habits you can begin today!
1) Get up more: Sitting daily is affecting our health. Silicon Valley big shots such as Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey prefer walking meetings since, based on Nilofer Merchant’s TED talk, “sedentary lifestyles contribute 10% of the risk of colon and breast cancer, 6% of the risk of cardiovascular disease, and 7% of the risk of type 2 diabetes.” Need a useful reminder to get up and walk around more? Wearable fitness trackers such as Jawbone and FitBit are popular options. If you’re looking for something a bit more aesthetically pleasing that is still practical, attempt Misfit Wearables.
2) Intake and outtake tracker: One of the simplest principles of a healthy lifestyle is consuming the correct number of calories daily. These simple to track little numbers show a great deal about how our habits are affecting our health. Whether you are trying to lose weight or just trying to keep your current figure, programs like MyFitnessPal and LoseIt monitor your input from calorie intake and output from the physical activity so you’ve got a better idea of whether you’re overeating.
3) Philanthropy: Healthy habits do not all have to concentrate on your body, some contribute happiness in your life. Generosity is a key to feeling emotionally healthy, but what if you could integrate exercise in your philanthropy? Charity Miles is a program that lets you do exactly that! For every mile you run, walk, or cycle, they contribute change to charities. This cash adds up over time and makes your workouts feel more purposeful. Is your boss trying to integrate more philanthropy to the office? Suggest a fitness routine using Charity Miles!
4) Snack better: Do you choose chips over nuts? Candy over fruit? Snacking habits are the number one source of extraneous calories during the day. This is not to say you must snack on the same, dull food daily. Having difficulty finding healthy, nutritious snacks? Try a subscription service such as Naturebox for personal healthy snack delivery once per month. They deliver various healthy meals to your door and give 1 meal to Feeding America for every box you buy. If your organization is looking to provide healthy snacks at the workplace, blissmo break boxes are a terrific alternative for delivering boxes of healthy snacks to offices, with varying sizes for many different offices.
5) Request a Doctor: Have you ever noticed that virtually every dietary plan and medication recommend you consult with a doctor before use? Medical professionals have a deep well of health knowledge that can not be beaten. However, the majority of us do not have enough opportunity to go to the physician’s office that frequently, and that is where HealthTap comes in. Request reputable medical advice rather than Googling your query and looking for a less-than-reliable answer. Find doctors in your area that are highly recommended and much more. It is a great program to have by your side if you are trying to answer health-related questions efficiently.
6) Prep your meals ahead of time: The best way to prevent unhealthy takeout and frozen foods loaded with additives is to prepare your own food. With the requirements of a full-time occupation, prioritizing meal preparation is difficult, but it does not need to be. There is an assortment of programs that help you plan your grocery lists which are worth checking out. ShopWell can help you make the correct choices in the grocery store depending on your personal diet restrictions, whether you are trying for heart-healthy or weight loss, this program gives food a score from 0-100 so you can make the best decisions. On the lookout for nutritious food choices? Fooducate grades foods from an A+ to D scale with a scientific algorithm that rates various nutritional qualities. When armed with this program in a grocery store, it is easy to compare various brands of the same product so as to pick the best option. Last but not least, Zipongo, which provides healthy recipes and coupons which correspond with your grocery list.
7) Wellness Incentives: If you are trying to encourage healthy behaviors, incentivize them! Individually you can use programs like Pact which create a community of pacts for living healthier. When it is a gym pact, a veggie pact, or a food logging pact, you make money for reaching your targets and shed money for missing them. It is going to surely incentivize healthy behaviors while discouraging unhealthy ones. If your company is searching for a health planner that incentivizes healthy behaviors, use Keas. During competition, community, and incentives, this wellness program integrates technology and promises to reduce healthcare costs.
8) Reduce Anxiety & Get Organized: Stress can wreak havoc on your health and it is tough to avoid in a fast-paced workplace. Making time for meditation is one way to prevent it. Wish to add a fun, tech variable to your comfort? The online meditation timer in the Equanimity Project, also available from the program store, lets you log and schedule your meditations to be certain that you’re prioritizing relaxation during the day. Another means to reduce anxiety is to become organized. Consider using programs such as Evernote to make lists and make reminders so you are never worried about forgetting something.
9) Encouragement from a neighborhood: If you’re ever in team sports, you know how reassuring and enjoyable it is to have a close-knit community all working towards the same aim. Spire attempts to mimic that sports-style encouragement with their apps. With options for both individuals and businesses, these programs offer support and recognition for many different tasks. Whether you’re looking for encouragement on your current work project, your exercise objectives, or your side project, you can post 160 personality status updates to indicate accomplishments. Points can be redeemed for special deals or could be turned into gifts to non-profits. If recognition is exactly what you will need to find healthy, this is a superb option for you!
10) Sleep better: Sleep is one of the cornerstones of health that individuals pay the least amount of attention to. It is more than getting the appropriate quantity of sleep each night, but making certain sleep is deep and potent. Sleep trackers can help be certain that you don’t ruin your entire day’s productivity because of ineffective sleep. If you have got a wearable exercise tracker such as the Fitbit, it’s a sleep monitoring function. However, if you would rather have a sleep tracker which remains on your mattress as opposed to your wrist, then try Beddit.
Ready to construct a healthier, fitter lifestyle? Don’t allow the health disadvantages related to fulltime work discourage you. With many different technologies by your side, you can create a customized strategy to elevate your health and improve your pleasure in the IT workplace.